La Tuna is a musical grouping created in Spain by the students of the first universities in the XIII century and has extended to Latin America, other European countries and Japan over the years. It is likely to be the oldest musical group in the world, with a 800-year old history. La Tuna is mainly composed of guitar, accordion, tambourine and bandurria; nevertheless, it is possible to include in it almost any instrument. Thanks to its wide repertoire and its flexibility, it is the perfect choice for any type of event or celebration: weddings, company gatherings, end-of-the-year and new year parties, receptions, dinner shows, entertainments in restaurants, etc. La Tuna can reinvent itself according to the situation and play not only background music but also create a show n which the audience may interact as well. A performance of La Tuna usually features from two to five musicians, who do not usually need a sound system, although it might by used depending on the event and how the organizer wants it to be carried out.
La Tuna of Japan, which used to be known as La Tuna of Tokyo, has been spreading its music all over Japan in a wide range of events promoted by the Japanese Government and Japanese or foreign organizations, such as festivals, performances in hotels, restaurants and bars, receptions, etc. It has even performed for the Empress of Japan.
- Pan Pacific Hotel Yokohama
- Tokyo Disney Sea
- World Festa Yokohama (currently performing since its first edition)
- Sanma Tv (Wow Wow, 2007)
- NHK Spanish courses and the Fair of Education, since 1996.
- World Porter Yokohama (January 1st, since its opening).
- Celebration of the 25th anniversary of Mullion (Ginza).
- Fairs: FOODEX, Human Excel (in the Imperial Hotel of Tokyo and Osaka), etc.
- Takashimaya (Tour around Japan in 2007).
- Ogasawara Hakushakutei (acting regularly in weddings and parties since its opening in 2003).
- Spanish, Latin and Mediterranean restaurants: El Castellano, La Tapería, Tío Danjo, Café de Ari, Spain Bar…
- La folle journee (2008)
- Other clients and events include Club Med Asia, Hilton Hotel, YMCA, UNICEF, JETRO, American Club, ASAHI Television, Festivals of Spanish and Latin music, etc.